Register Now for Spring Fine Arts Classes that Begin Feb. 3
Last updated 1/28/2020 at 5:35pm
Enrollment is under way for the Lake Wales Arts Council Spring Semester of youth and adult fine arts classes, which start Monday, Feb. 3.
Regular classes are eight weeks in length. New workshop classes will run monthly on a select Tuesday & Thursday from February to May. Enrollment fees are for the entire semester and include ALL supplies (excluding band/orchestral instruments and self-guided visual arts classes).
Multi-enrollment discounts are available. Scholarship applications for youth programs only can be found by clicking http://www.lakewalesartscouncil.org/lake-wales-arts-council-blog/2019education-ltyly Payment plans are available for all Lake Wales Arts Council education programming.
“We’re really excited for this semester coming up – just the opportunity to serve young people to help them express themselves creatively through the visual and performing arts,” said Arts Center Education Director Brandon Alvarado.
Looking to fill a void and recognizing how tech savvy young people have become and how they like I-pads and video games, the arts center added a middle school class dedicated to digital arts with 3-D printing, graphic design and video design. Alvarado said, “Let’s take that opportunity and make it a learning experience.”
The arts center this semester also is adding a children’s choir, directed by Kaylee Morgan, who teaches at Janie Howard Wilson Elementary School in Lake Wales.
Something new this semester are the adult visual arts workshops, each focusing on a different medium.
“There’s something for every adult who may not know what they are interested in,” Alvarado said. “They can explore different areas and develop their own interests.”
Workshops include Oil & Portrait, Watercolor & Over Painting, Cartooning & Caricature, Pastel, Mixed Media and Spray Paint, Slab, Coil, Figure, and Wheel.
Classes are held at the Lake Wales Arts Center, 1099 SR 60 East. Please call the arts center at 863-676-8426 to learn more.
Spring Classes include:
- youth symphony for ages 12 to 18, 4-5:30 p.m. Mondays, free
- brass choir for ages 12 to 18, 5:30-6:45 p.m. Mondays, free
- woodwind choir for ages 12-18, 5:30-6:45 p.m. Mondays, free
- string orchestra for ages 12-18, 5:30-6:45 p.m. Mondays, free
- self-guided adult studio art class, 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, $50 member, $75 nonmember
- elementary fine art painting and pottery for ages 6-10, 3:15-4:15 Tuesdays, $65 member, $75 nonmember
- children's choir for ages 6-11, 4:45-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, $65 member, $75 nonmember
- middle school digital arts for ages 11-14, 4:30-5:45 p.m. Tuesdays, $75 member, $100 nonmember
- high school visual arts workshops for ages 13-19 (8 workshops total), 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays, $100 per discipline (painting or pottery) or $150 for all workshops, $50 for individual workshops
- adult visual arts workshops, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, $100 per discipline (painting or pottery) or $150 for all workshops, $50 for individual workshops
- home school fine arts for ages 6-11, painting, pottery, music and digital arts, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, $300 member or returning, $325 nonmember
Register and pay online at https://centralfloridatix.com/events/2020-spring-fine-arts-education-1-10-2020