Apply Online for Free 2021-22 Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten
Last updated 4/8/2021 at 1:12pm
Applications are now being taken online for Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) for the 2021-22 school year.
The VPK application process is now being conducted entirely online. Applications will no longer be accepted in person or by mail.
To obtain and file a VPK application, visit polkschoolsfl.com/vpk and follow the instructions.
Applications will be reviewed and sorted by school VPK program locations for the process of selection. Selections will be based on the time and date that applications are completed. Acceptance notifications will be emailed sometime after the second week of April.
For more information, contact 863-648-3051 or [email protected]. You can also follow the PCPS Preschool Programs page on Facebook.
VPK stands for the Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program. If you live in Florida, and your child will turn 4 by Sept. 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida's FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) education program. Enrollment is limited at Polk County Public Schools sites throughout the county.
Benefits of the VPK program:
• The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of 5. The structured learning provided in VPK fosters children's ability to be attentive and to follow directions, skills that will be needed for later success in school and life.
• VPK prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher on school-readiness tests, and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
• VPK promotes a love of learning in children.
VPK and Title 1 PK Application
Application process opens March, 2021
Click here for the on-line application for a PCPS PK program application.
When completing the application, copies of the following documents must be uploaded.
• Florida Certificate of Eligibility VPK – signed and dated (Applications for certificate of eligibility are available at https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/Account/Login
• Official Birth Certificate (NOT a hospital record)
• Photo ID of enrolling parent
• 2 proofs of address
Applications and documentation will not be accepted in person or by mail. Please use the secured portal. More information is available at https://polkschoolsfl.com/newsrelease/vpk-application-period-for-2021-22-starts-march-1/