We ALL Need Help
Last updated 1/10/2021 at 11:26am
Have you watched the news lately; or checked Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, or other "media" outlets recently?
James 3:6-8: And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. (ESV)
Whether we are vocally calling for change or not, maintaining unconsciously accepted social mores or not, adhering to the rules of law or not, and meticulously following social distancing and public safety guidelines or not, we are all sinners. On our own, we all (author included) are hopelessly lost, restlessly drifting in the wind of emotions and fear. Some of us may have more resources than others and may be able to "ride out a storm" longer, but 100 percent of us need help (author included).
All of us who are acting lawless and heartless would do well to re-read Exodus 20:13-17 and Luke 10:27.
All of us who are acting heartless and self-righteous would do well to re-read Luke 10:27 and Matthew 23:24-30.
Some additional Words that may be worth pondering:
• 1 John 1:8-10 – If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
• John 8:7 – And as they continued to ask him, He stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
• Matthew 9:12b-13- "Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."
• Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
• Romans 5:8 – But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
• Psalm 25:8 – Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
• John 16:33 – "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
May God grant us all His wisdom, and heart for others. May we all humbly guard our tongues. May we all remember that we all are uniquely created by God and He loves us all.